- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon brewed espresso
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flourINSTRUCTIONS
- Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange the rack in the middle. Line an 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until evenly melted. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Combine eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, espresso, and salt in a large bowl and briefly stir until just evenly incorporated. Add cooled chocolate and mix until uniform in color. Add flour and stir until just incorporated (no white streaks should remain).
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking dish and bake until a tester inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting.
Recipe via CHOW.com