Dancing for a Cure!

Chicago's own Arthur Murray Dance Studio is dedicated to finding a cure for breast cancer. For the fifth year in a row the studio is presenting Dancing with Chicago's Celebrities, a fundraising gala to benefit Komen Chicago! Similar to ABC’s, Dancing with the Stars, this dazzling event boasts six of Chicago’s hottest celebrities who show off their newly-learned talent of ballroom dancing in a celebrity dance-off by performing a choreographed routine with an Arthur Murray professional. Following the celebrity dance-off, alumni from past year’s events take the floor for a group routine, followed by the Arthur Murray professionals owning the room for a knockout finale show.

This very unique fundraising event is the only one of its kind in Chicago and brings together local celebrity dancers for a magical evening of ballroom dancing, wonderful food and general dancing for all guests. And again in 2010, Top Chef Winner & Celebrity Chef Rick Bayless will compete in the Alumni Show, just following the Celebrity Dance-off with the following Chicago celebrities scheduled to appear: Bears Hall-of-Famer Gale Sayers, Radio Host Mancow, Dina Bair of WGN, and many others.

The competition will be judged by Nick Kosovich, the U.S. national champion most recently seen as Vivica A. Fox’s partner on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” and a panel of celebrity judges, including Rick Bayless.

When: Friday, March 12, 2010 at 6 PM

Where: Hyatt Regency Chicago Crystal Ballroom - 151 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601

Tickets: $175 per person / proceeds to fund raise for www.KomenChicago.org

The Beautiful Competitors of 2010 are:

  • Mancow – “The Mancow Show”
  • Valerie Warner – WGN
  • Mai Martinez – CBS
  • Erin O’Connor – Miss Illinois
  • Matt Rodewald – NBC
  • D.C. Crenshaw – Food Critic and Host of Game Time Dine
... and some event Alumni to be seen are:
  • Rick Bayless
  • Dana Kozlov
  • Dina Bair
  • Mike Adamle
  • Ginger Zee
  • Amy Jacobson
  • Roz Varon
  • Lisa Aproti
  • Katie Lorenz
... with Celebrities...
  • Gale Sayers
  • Nick Kosovich - Dancing with the Stars
  • Snow Urbin - So you think you can Dance?

Dancing With Chicago Celebrities hopes to reach a fundraising goal of more than $100K for Komen Chicago. The Chicagoland Area Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure ® raises funds that provide breast cancer education, screening and treatment grants for uninsured and underinsured men and women throughout the Chicagoland area. Up to 75% of the net revenue raised is distributed right back into the Chicagoland Area. The remaining 25% directly supports Komen’s National Research Grant Program. For more information about Dancing With Chicago Celebrities or The Chicagoland Area Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure ® please visit: www.komenchicago.org

1 comment:

tif said...

you better tell chef ricky bayless to stop grabbing your same produce during the farmers markets this year...warn him with a firm comment about his man-capris. j/k i LOVE rick.