Leg-ging the spread

After recently getting in a quick debate with Prince Charming over leggings: he thinks they are ridiculous and I am contemplating finally embracing them... I thought I'd gather the thoughts of Chocolate Pizza Stiletto Love readers!

First of all, it's very much my style to either love something or despise it. I wear my heart on my sleeve and you'd know how I felt about a style from the first glance of my face. That said, leggings have me completely torn. I don't love them, but I don't despise them either... I sort-of like them, I sort-of find them disgusting. Never before have I been so indecisive!

I assume this *trend* is here to stay because leggings are such an easy staple for your wardrobe, but that is part of the reason I haven't embraced them! Too trendy? Too easy? Too lazy? Or, what's my problem? Perhaps I shall just pony-up and buy a pair and see how often I wear them... I like the way these look...








3 comments:

tif said...

as a figure skater that wore them nearly every day. as a child of the 80's that wore them at least once a week. as a cheerleader that had to wear them as a part of a uniform. and as a girl who will wear a dress when it's zero below zero outside. as a performer i love leggings. i really really really love legging jeans, american apparel leggings, and these minnie legging pants i got from j. crew that look like riding pants with a hot zipper in the back. i love leggings and don't care if they ever go out of style. so, embrace your inner leggings lover and go out and get a pair. [i do stop my love when it pertains to herem pants leggings]

Michele said...

Point(s) taken! Agreed on harem pants, glad that didn't really catch on. I almost threw up when I saw them the first time.

The Glam Lamb said...

i personally love leggings too! i wasnt at first - but they really are an easy staple. i suggest buying a pair and having them in your closet and see if you pull them out or not. also, ive tried many, many different brands - and the best ones are from forever 21 and they are like 5 bucks a pair. i only wear black leggings. they look great with a long flowing shirt, they are great with heels, they are awesome tucked into boots! i also agree about denim leggings - I worked for a premium denim brand that came out with a pair -- and i am obsessed with them! totally give it a try! you wont be sorry!