The Champagne Cocktail was a favorite of the ’30s, and now it’s starting to come back. Adding a little elderflower liqueur brings it into the 21st century.
What to buy: St. Germain is an elderflower liqueur that has won over bartenders. It can be found at high-end liquor stores and online.INGREDIENTS
- 1 small sugar cube
- 10 dashes angostura bitters
- 1 ounce St-Germain elderflower liqueur
- 6 ounces chilled brut sparkling wineINSTRUCTIONS
- Soak sugar cube with bitters and place in the bottom of a chilled champagne flute.
- Add elderflower liqueur; top with sparkling wine, and serve.