Immersion begins

Immersion begins as I move forward in my career change. If you haven't heard already, I've recently quit my commercial real estate job (RE) in pursuit of following my dreams. I've signed-on with a fabulous LA-based designer to represent her couture clothing, handbag and jewelry lines in Chicago and hopefully beyond! The business side of fashion has always been at the top of my interest list; and this opportunity that presented itself just could not be passed up! This is a very exciting career change for me; yet bittersweet on an emotional level as I've formed many great relationships over the past seven years in RE.

Of the many major changes taking place, finding new networking sources is a priority! Although I plan to remain active in the RE groups I am currently involved in, I need to immerse myself in the fashion industry as soon as possible.

One of the local Chicago fashion networking opportunities is Chicago Fashion Foundation.

http://dev-romecreative.com/CFF/templates/CFF_main/images/tabgold.gif

Any of you readers know of Chicago Fashion Foundation, or can suggest other groups that should be discovered?

No comments: