Dungeness Crab Guacamole with Belgian Endive
- 2 medium ripe Hass avocados
- 3 medium garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, roasted, stem and seeds removed, and finely chopped
- 1/2 pound Dungeness crabmeat, picked clean of shell fragments
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 medium plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 heads Belgian endive, leaves removed and edges trimmed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Garlic Chips (optional)
- Halve avocados, remove pits and skins, and coarsely chop. Place in a molcajete or bowl and add roasted garlic. Mash with a spoon until only small chunks remain. Add roasted jalapeño, crabmeat, onion, tomato, 4 tablespoons of the cilantro, lime juice, and salt and stir until just combined.
- Place endive leaves on a serving plate and dollop each with guacamole.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons of the cilantro and the olive oil in a small bowl, season with salt, and stir until thoroughly mixed. Drizzle oil on top of each endive leaf and garnish with a garlic chip, if using.
As featured on Chow.com