BUTTERMILK PANCAKE RECIPE
Start your day off right with One Perfect Buttermilk Pancake Recipe. Light, Fluffy, and delicious. Easy to make and a recipe you are sure to keep.
1 cup all-purpose bleached flour (which is softer than unbleached flour)
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup buttermilk (can use instant buttermilk to make buttermilk)
1/2 cup milk (just maybe a pinch less than 1/2 cup: add 1st 1/4 cup then use 2nd 1/4 cup to obtain a right consistency not too thick not too thin)
1 large egg
2 TABLESPOONS unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (a pinch less than one 1/2 teaspoon)
cooking spray to spray electric skillet, griddle, or frying pan
- Heat electric skillet, griddle, or frying pan over low heat while preparing ingredients.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt (if using salted butter eliminate salt), baking powder, and baking soda in medium bowl ~ I use my Kitchen Aide Mixer so I add all these ingredients into my 4.5qt mixer bowl.
- Microwave buttermilk and milk in a 2-cup Pyrex glass measuring cup to room temperature ~ 20 to 30 seconds.
- Whisk in egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract into the 2-cup Pyrex glass measuring cup (after microwaving to room temperature)
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix for 30 seconds or until just mixed ~ if not using an electric mixer, whisk by hand for 30 seconds or until just mixed.
- Let batter sit for about 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium (if using electric skillet heat to 375 degrees) and spray surface with cooking spray
- Pour batter about 1/4 cup at a time. Work in batches, if necessary, avoid crowding.
- When pancake bottoms are golden brown and tops start to bubble, 2 to 3 minutes, flip pancakes; cook until golden brown on remaining side. Repeat, using cooking spray on electric skillet, griddle, or frying pan for new batch.